Stuffed Chicken Roulande Recipe
- 2 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 thickly sliced cooked ham, halved
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 12 strips bacon
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- Pepper (season to taste)
- 2 tablespoon salt (to wet brine the chicken)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- On a chopping board, make shallow slices on the chicken breast. Stop within ½ inch from the ends.
- Place plastic wrap over the chicken breast and use a meat mallet (or a rolling pin) to flatten the chicken breasts.
- Brine the chicken breast in a bowl (2 tablespoon salt + 2 cups cold water). Leave to rest in fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Pat dry the chicken breast with paper towel and lay it flat on a chopping board.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella cheese, half of a ham, 3 spears of asparagus on top of the chicken breast and tightly roll it up.
- Line 6 strips of bacon side by side on the chopping board and place the rolled chicken breast on top of the bacon.
- Wrap the chicken breast roll tightly with the bacon strips and pin both ends with toothpicks
- Pour 1 cup of water into the cooking pot in the ChefWave Swap Pot and insert the steam rack.
- Place the chicken roulandes on the rack and select the “Steam” function and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the roulandes (be careful when removing the lid as the steam is extremely hot) from the rack and pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove the water and the rack from the cooking pot and return back to the Swap Pot base.
- Select the “Saute” function and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Brown the roulande until the bacon strips are crispy.
- To serve, slice the chicken roulande into 4-5 segments.
Cooking Made Simple.
Have a Question?
Send us a message and a member of our customer support team will reply to you shortly.
SEND US A MESSAGE
895 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, NY