Non-Dairy Chicken PotPie Recipe
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 pie crusts)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Fresh Almond or Oat Non Dairy Milk
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced 1/2 inch
- 1/2 cup parsnips, diced 1/2 inch
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced 1/2 inch
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced 1/2 inch
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook briefly.
- Whisk in chicken broth and non-dairy milk, stirring until you reach a simmer.
- Add the vegetables and cook until they become slightly soft, stirring
- frequently for about 10 minutes. Add chicken and set aside.
- Unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Pour mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with the second crust and seal edges. Cut several slits into the top of the dough with a sharp knife. Place foil around the outer crust to prevent burning.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil from edges and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Allow pie to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Cooking Made Simple.
Have a Question?
Send us a message and a member of our customer support team will reply to you shortly.
895 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, NY