Mother's Day Recipe: Asparagus and Ricotta Tart
- ½ sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- Ground Black Pepper
- Lemon zest, freshly grated
- Lemon juice, half a lemon
- 3 scallions, 1 finely chopped and 2 thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 6-7 oz. asparagus, halved
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 cup mixed greens (spinach, arugula, snap peas, green beans, baby kale)
- Unfold the puff pastry on to a piece of parchment paper and roll. Ensure all four sides are ½ inch thicker than the middle (create a crater)
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg. Lightly brush the border of the pastry with a thin layer of egg wash. Add the ricotta, pinch of salt and pepper, lemon zest, chopped scallions and herbs to the remaining egg. Mix until well combined.
- Spread on to the pastry in the center of the crater and ensure to leave the ½” border uncovered.
- Top with asparagus spears and drizzle or spray a light coat of olive oil.
- Preheat the Chefwave Magma Air Fryer Oven to 400 deg F for 5 minutes.
- Bake the tart in the Magma for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Ensure the rack is on the lowest level of the oven.
- In a separate bowl combine the juice of the lemon, honey/maple syrup/agave nectar, oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Toss in the greens and remaining scallions and herbs until they are well coated.
- Remove the tart from the oven when ready and top off the tart with a desired amount of salad greens.
- Serve hot, enjoy!
Cooking Made Simple.
Have a Question?
Send us a message and a member of our customer support team will reply to you shortly.
SEND US A MESSAGE
895 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, NY