Conversation Hearts Valentine’s Day Recipe
- ⅛ C. almonds, lightly roasted
- 20 fl. oz. water
- ⅓ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt (omit if you are using salted almonds)
- 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup or agave syrup, as desired
- Combine the water and gelatin in a microwave-safe measuring cup and microwave in 10-second increments until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Transfer the melted gelatin to the mixing bowl (you can use an electric mixer if you have one) and start adding in the confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time mixing on low speed with the paddle attachment. Continue to add until it’s fully incorporated, and you get a firm white dough.
- Transfer the dough on a clean working surface lined with parchment paper and divide the dough into pieces (depending on how many flavors and colors you plan on making). Wrap each piece tightly in plastic wrap to prevent the skin from forming with extended exposure to air.
- Working with one piece of the dough at a time, add a few drops of flavor and coloring to the dough. Knead by hand until the color is uniformly saturated and the intensity is to your desired level. **Tip: wearing gloves will prevent the staining on your hands
- Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough and remember to wrap each piece back in the plastic wrap to ensure they stay as fresh as possible.
- On a clean and dry surface, dust a light layer of confectioner’s sugar and roll out each piece of dough to ¼ inch thick. Keep rotating the dough to ensure it doesn’t stick to the surface.
- Prepare the Secco Pro by lining the Teflon sheets on the stainless-steel racks.
- Using a small heart cutter, stamp out individual hearts. Transfer the hearts to the rack. Leave a small space between each candy
- Set the Secco Pro food dehydrator to the lowest setting at 95 deg F and for 6 hours
- Use edible ink pens to write messages on the dried candies. These candies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Cooking Made Simple.
Have a Question?
Send us a message and a member of our customer support team will reply to you shortly.
SEND US A MESSAGE
895 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, NY