Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/a cup paprika
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- ¾ Tbsp. chili powder
- ½Tbsp.dark brown sugar
- ½Tbsp.ground mustard
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp.ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground celery seed
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ rack (1.5-2 lb.) baby back ribs, quartered
- ½ Tbsp. oil
- ½ cup water
- BBQ sauce, to taste
- Puree tomatoes, jalapeno, and ginger.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and add chicken. Sear until golden brown.
- While still hot, add cumin and paprika to the chicken, stirring quickly for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the tomato mixture, salt, cream, yogurt, and chicken pieces to the Chefe. (If any juices have accumulated with the chicken, add them too.) Gently stir the chicken to coat the pieces.
- Install the Steam Bar and close and secure the pot on the Chafe. When securing the lid, allow the Steam Bar to pierce through the chicken.
- Fill the water tank to the MAX line and place it in the Chefe.
- Select the Stew program; use the”+” and”-” buttons to select 1 hour, 30 minutes cook time.
- Press the Start/Cancel button to begin cooking.
- Heat cumin seeds (without oil) in a small frying pan over high heat until the seeds turn dark brown, about 1 minute. Stir continuously to avoid charring. Once roasted, transfer to a small bowl. Cool the seeds before crushing them.
- When the Chefe signals that cooking is complete, switch off the machine. Remove the pot from the base and carefully detach the lid. (Take care of the hot steam.)
- Stir in the garam masala and roasted cumin.
- Whisk corn starch and water together in a small bowl. Add to pot while still hot.
- Stir in minced cilantro.
- Serve with rice and flatbread.
Cooking Made Simple.
Have a Question?
Send us a message and a member of our customer support team will reply to you shortly.
SEND US A MESSAGE
895 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, NY